Tuesday, December 27, 2011

not a good night to post

This will be short because I have a really bad sore throat and other than work, all I can do is watch The Big Bang Theory and try not to spread my germs. I had OT today on my elbows, but they do a world of good for my wrists as well. Tomorrow will be PT on my shoulders, then OT, then PT . . . and on and on. I got a lot of advice on ergonomics at my work desk which I pretty much know but was given the ok to rest my lower arms on my chair while I type to give my shoulders a break. I have been wanting to do this but have tried not to because it is usually not recommended . . . but what's a girl to do when every joint has arthritis? Well I'm referring to the upper joints right now. If I were talking about the lower joints, we wouldn't be sure of the knees, they haven't been xrayed yet, but my rheumatologist and I always wonder if they are arthritic because of the way they sound (and sometimes lately the way they feel). They didn't show up on my nuclear bone scan, but neither did my hips or neck, which have arthritis as well. Anyway, I'm interested in a keyboard which the OT showed me where it's completely split but connected by a wire or something, and can be elevated -- the biggest problem right now is turning my wrists down to type at the keyboard is what hurts the most, we're not sure if that will go away but since I have an obvious bone lump or something in one of my wrists, it would probably be best to find something where I'm not turning my wrists as much. It's amazing how many different mouses are out there as well, and I'm on the hunt for that. But I've been told the best thing for me is the 20/20, stop every 20 minutes and stretch for 20 seconds. If only other people were as understanding, well if they were, I wouldn't have had the extreme flareups I'm having now -- pain yes, but not problems using the mouse or computer, or having to switch to the left hand with the mouse when I'm right handed. so if only. . .

ahh . . . typed in well under 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment