Thursday, December 29, 2011

Training your Dragon

In my quest to make things easier in life, I spent most of yesterday's workday working with the Dragon voice recognition software (you can tell it's a very slow holiday week). That is one cool toy. Although I don't know how much it'll help me in my next big project at work, it will help at some point on some project so that's a good thing. The neat thing is you can upload documents into it that you've worked on in the past so it can digest it and and "get used to" how you write (or your boss I should say). And that is one handy dandy cool dude toy because when it comes to legal cites and legal or technical terms, it can really make a difference in how it perceives what your recording. The only hurdle is to get the person dictating to actually slow down and spend time enunciating his/her words.

So vacation starting tomorrow and all next week. . . I have needed this for such a long time. I've taken vacation days here and there, a Friday, a Monday, but there's nothing like 10 days of sleeping in and going at a slow pace. It should at least help my wrists and typing, they are really bugging me and I don't know if it's the tendons from the elbows or the wrist arthritis alone. Now I have a lump so of course being Dec. 29th, it'll be the new year if something is done (why does that always happen!) a new deductible.

Ahhhh, looking to a restful tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment